Re: Warning - Frontpage extension on Win2000

From: Ken To (iamkento@hotmail.com)
Date: 05/13/02

From: "Ken To" <iamkento@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 00:35:31 +1000

We had noticed that, installing the FTP on the IIS server doesn't have any
problem at all, as well as just FP ext itself would not have any security
flaw either. Is just that if we installed both on it, it will start having
that problem. Do you think, it might be a case that will trigger anything
by having both together?

"Ken To" <iamkento@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Server: Webserver IIS on Windows 2000
> Network tapology: in front of the firewall
> Problem: Files from hackers was up loading via Port 21
>
> Our IIS server had been filling up with games from Hackers serveral times.
> At the very begining, we didn't realise what was going on, and the cause
of
> it. Only recently, we had installed frontpage extension on 2 IIS server
and
> the minute we installed the extension. The Hacker had start uploading
stuff
> on the folder. And we find that the only way to stop it, is to stop the
> Frontpage extension.
> I am wondering is there any solution to that?
>
> K.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Warning - Frontpage extension on Win2000
    ... > Our IIS server had been filling up with games from Hackers serveral times. ... we had installed frontpage extension on 2 IIS server ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Warning - Frontpage extension on Win2000
    ... I found that hackers upload all their files to _vti_pvt. ... > Our IIS server had been filling up with games from Hackers serveral times. ... we had installed frontpage extension on 2 IIS server ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Warning -Frontpage extension on Win2000
    ... Our IIS server had been filling up with games from Hackers serveral times. ... we had installed frontpage extension on 2 IIS server and ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Warning - Frontpage extension on Win2000
    ... Our IIS server had been filling up with games from Hackers serveral times. ... we had installed frontpage extension on 2 IIS server and ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Securing IIS Server
    ... IIS is most vulnerable to directory traversal attacks. ... your IIS server by using the most up to date version and removing all the ... Start by installing the server and messing with its various ... is there any other tools i can use to secure my IIS? ...
    (Security-Basics)