Re: Connecting internal network to the Internet

From: Shaolin Tiger (shaolin@*no-*pgen*-spam*.net)
Date: 05/09/02

From: "Shaolin Tiger" <shaolin@*no-*pgen*-spam*.net>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 14:40:09 +0100

"Lohkee" <lohkee@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:HmkC8.13257$vT1.1049924@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

> I am trying to compile a comprehensive list of risks faced by an
> organization when they connect their internal network to the Internet or
> allow personal use of Email/Internet from a company workstation, i.e.,
> possible methods of attack such as virus infected email being downloaded
> from a web-based private e-mail account and thereby bypassing anti-virus
> software on the organization's "normal" mail server, etc. Any suggestions
> would be gratefully recieved.
>

> Lohkee!

I suggest you do your assigment yourself.

Regards

Shaolin

--
.: http://www.darknet.org.uk :.
    Share your knowledge.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Connecting internal network to the Internet
    ... > I am trying to compile a comprehensive list of risks faced by an ... > organization when they connect their internal network to the Internet or ... > possible methods of attack such as virus infected email being downloaded ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Connecting internal network to the Internet
    ... > I am trying to compile a comprehensive list of risks faced by an ... > organization when they connect their internal network to the Internet or ... > possible methods of attack such as virus infected email being downloaded ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: Connecting internal network to the Internet
    ... > I am trying to compile a comprehensive list of risks faced by an ... > organization when they connect their internal network to the Internet or ... > possible methods of attack such as virus infected email being downloaded ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Connecting internal network to the Internet
    ... I am trying to compile a comprehensive list of risks faced by an ... organization when they connect their internal network to the Internet or ... possible methods of attack such as virus infected email being downloaded ... from a web-based private e-mail account and thereby bypassing anti-virus ...