Re: Logon to Win2K domain as "Domain User" but workstation as "Administrator"?

From: Lanwench (lanwench@nospamplease.yahoo.com)
Date: 05/08/02

From: "Lanwench" <lanwench@nospamplease.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 22:25:56 -0400

What you want is for his domain login to have local machine admin
privileges, yes? If so, log into the machine with domain admin rights, and
add it to the local administrators group.

"Roy Chee." <abnoxy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
>
> Can any one of you help? I am trying to configure a user
> to login to Windows 2000 Server Domain as a "Domain User"
> but logon locally to the Windows 2000 Pro workstation as
> an "Administrator". Is this posible?
>

> Please help, many thanks.
> Roy Chee.

Relevant Pages

  • Domain Problems
    ... allowing the presidents friend to use some extra office space for the time ... Windows XP Home Edition, but he did a step up upgrade to windows XP Pro ... When I log on as a local machine admin, ...
  • Re: Domain Problems
    ... >Windows XP Home Edition, but he did a step up upgrade to windows XP Pro ... >When I log on as a local machine admin, ... >play around with the TCP/IP settings I can get the domain name path to ... Kris, ...
  • Re: Passwords Changing Domain to Workgroup
    ... You must log in with a machine-local account. ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Server System: ... On home network I had previously with old Win 98 ... > Machine from work changed the Domain Login to Workgroup to ...
  • CLIENT AUTHENTICATION FOR ANONYMOUS USER
    ... >I have just set up IIS on Windows 2000 Server, ... >website, I get prompted for a domain login. ...
  • Re: connect via QA with windows auth without joining domain
    ... like to connect to their SqlServer database using Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, osql, etc... ... They only have Windows Authentication enabled. ... They've given me a domain login to use when connecting to their ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)