"Access is denied" when trying to access a permitted folder

From: David White (DavidfWhite@earthlink.net)
Date: 05/06/02

From: "David White" <DavidfWhite@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 21:21:31 GMT

Subject: "Access is denied" when trying to access a permitted folder

Windows 2000 Professional.
Not connected to network and no application is running.
Administrator mode (user mode same situation).

Message says NOTHING as to the reason for the denial.
Even though the folder's security indicades full control is checked on,
administrator can not access nor delete.
Can rename or copy it.

When looking at the folder's properties, it says:
Size: 0 bytes
Size on disk: 0 bytes
Contains 0 Files, 0 Folders

Nevetheless, when trying to drag it to the Recycle Bin, it says:

       Cannot delete <folder_name>: The directory is not empty.

Run the CHKDSK /F.
SCANDISK says that it faces a problem it can not fix.

Anybody saw such a problem?
Know any tool that would tell WHY is the acces denied? And/or help in
resolving the conplict?

Thanks,

David

Relevant Pages

  • printer page size reverts to letter
    ... The printer is on the network (its shared by Samba). ... administrator mode. ... I can go to 'control panel' then 'printers' then 'printing ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Configure VNC on Wyse V90 ?
    ... How do I configure VNC for User? ... VNC says that I configure VNC in "current user mode". ... settings which I have set in Administrator mode has changed! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)