Reporting Service connection failure

Hello all,

I've been entrusted to reconfigure reporting services so a domain user
account is used to connect to the database. I've read some
documentation and followed the steps, which, as far as I know, are:

- Create a minimally privileged user account in the domain (RSExec)
- Add the new domain account to the RSExecRole in the RS databases, as
well as in the msdb and master databases.
- Remove all login accounts (other than RSExec and the dbo accounts)
from de RS databases.
- Use de command rsconfig to setup reporting services with the new
RSExec account.

Everything seems to go fine, but when I open the http://server/ReportServer
page I get the following error message:

The report server cannot open a connection to the report server
database. The logon failed. (rsReportServerDatabaseLogonFailed) Get
Online Help
Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

The error message from the log shows:

ReportingServicesService!library!4a8!06/04/2011-07:56:22:: e ERROR:
Throwing
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseLogonFailedException:
The report server cannot open a connection to the report server
database. The logon failed., ;
Info:
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseLogonFailedException:
The report server cannot open a connection to the report server
database. The logon failed. --->
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007052E): Logon
failure: unknown user name or bad password.
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32
errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at RSRemoteRpcClient.RemoteLogon.GetRemoteImpToken(String
pUserName, String pDomain, String pPassword, Boolean bTryRemote,
IntPtr& pImpToken)
at
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ConnectionManager.GetImpersonationToken(String
userName, String domain, String userPwd)
ReportingServicesService!library!4a8!06/04/2011-07:56:22:: Exception
caught while starting service. Error:
[...]
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ConnectionManager.get_CatUserToken()
at
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ConnectionManager.OpenConnection()
at
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ConnectionManager.ConnectStorage()
at
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ConnectionManager.VerifyConnection()
at
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ServiceController.ServiceStartThread()

And I also get the following error in security log:

Event Type: Failure Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Logon/Logoff
Event ID: 529