Backup to a network share

Hello!
I create a dumpdevice:
EXEC master.dbo.sp_addumpdevice @devtype = N'disk', @logicalname = N'Test', @physicalname = N'\\myserver\myshare\myfolder\test.BAK'
GO

I set permisssions, so that a user (mydomain\me) has change permissions to the share and to the folder. (The share permissions are everybody can change).

I start SQL Server Management console, Server Version is 10.0.2531 -> SQL Server 2008. I am logged in to windows and so to the sql server too as \mydomain\me.
Now i fire
backup database mydatabase to Test with format, init

I receive the OS Error 5 (access denied). I add the computers account to the ACL of Myfolder, give the computers account Databaseserver$ change permissions.
Now the backup completes.

What have I to do, that the backup runs not unter the account of the computer, but of mydomain\me? The SQL Server service runs as NT Authority\networkservice, the SQL Server agent (which shall make the backups at the end of the day) runs under a domain user account.

Thanks in advance!
UK
Dresden, Germany

  • How to kill Microsoft System Volume Information node?
    ... I've a little 4G HD and some flashes that I use to backup ... one I can't kill, is 'System Volume Information.' ... Cygwin that I have here -- but even in Cygwin I can't kill that ... node nor change permissions in it. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: Changing permissions in Document Library causes portal crash
    ... I logged on as portal admin and tried to change permissions on a document ... backups do not backup the content, ... No hardware problems, no updates were done on the ... server-the 2007 upgrade itself went smooth and ran for a week. ...