Re: SQL Server User Provisioning on Vista?

That's what I kinda thought also but thanks a bunch Rick for helping
confirm, much appreciated.

"Rick Byham, MSFT" <rickbyh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
This is optional for Windows Server 2003. On Windows Server 2003, if your
account is a member of the local administrators group, you can access SQL
Server.
On Vista, the User Account Control prevents Vista from automatically
passing your local Administrators group membership to SQL Server. This
dialog box, adds the accounts you specify to the SQL Server administrators
group. Which is not a bad thing (presuming you want that), but it's not
necessary for Windows Server 2003.
--
Rick Byham, MSFT
(Implies no warranty or rights)

"." <nothing@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello, I'm not quite if I need to do this but I just ran SQL 2005 sp3
update on our db that's running on Windows 2003 server and at the end it
prompts me this screen and wondering if I should click on the right
arrorw ">" button to grant administrative privileges for our windows
account service? Does this apply to us since it mentions for Windows
Vista and ours is running on Windows 2003 Server? Thanks in advance.

  • Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna
    ... messages telling me that "The server has rejected your login. ... start windows Mail, I can get new mail, send mail, delete mail... ... Here's my exact error message track: ... Windows Mail with my Gmail account today and I'm running into the same issue ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot connect to the Internet
    ... My Windows 2000 pro PC is connected to the internet (Local Area ... Connection 2 Status icon shows "Connected" with a speed of 10..0 ... The master browser has received a server announcement from ... Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)
  • Re: Username and Password boxes keep opening -- then error message
    ... might not have been a POP3 account. ... entered something other than a POP3 server address when setting it up (15 ... MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002 ... Reinstall Avast & disable email scanning. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Using EFS with Network Shares and SFU 3.5
    ... It does not take EFS into account. ... could again use the sharing server audit logs to see if success ... Read extended attribute and Read data, since the NFS client may ... Windows and *nix clients. ...
  • Re: Error 10061, 0x800ccc0e, bug?
    ... It's definitely the April Windows update!!!! ... Checked program files after restore and the updates are gone and OE is ... receive mail after changing account in windows. ... Mike, the error indicates that you are failing to connect to the server, ...