Re: Change table owner
- From: "Dan Guzman" <guzmanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 10:09:53 -0600
Interesting, in using the 'sp_changeobjectowner' stored procedure in SQL 2000 it worked in re-assigning to a user role. Thanks for the helpful insight Dan, much appreciated, cheers :-)
I'm glad you found the information useful. FYI, sp_changeobjectowner is deprecated in SQL 2005 and 2008 in in favor of AUTHORIZATION. Also, since SQL 2000 doesn't have a true schema, there is no owner inheritance like exists in later versions.
Hope this helps.
SQL Server MVP
- Prev by Date: Re: SQL Server 2005 Connection Only By ODBC
- Next by Date: Re: SQL Server 2005 will not start with certificate - Error 26014
- Previous by thread: Re: Change table owner
- Next by thread: SQL Server 2005 Connection Only By ODBC