Re: Change table owner

Interesting, in using the 'sp_changeobjectowner' stored procedure in SQL 2000 it worked in re-assigning to a user role. Thanks for the helpful insight Dan, much appreciated, cheers :-)

I'm glad you found the information useful. FYI, sp_changeobjectowner is deprecated in SQL 2005 and 2008 in in favor of AUTHORIZATION. Also, since SQL 2000 doesn't have a true schema, there is no owner inheritance like exists in later versions.

--
Hope this helps.

Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/dang/

  • Re: Change table owner
    ... in using the 'sp_changeobjectowner' stored procedure in SQL ... 2000 it worked in re-assigning to a user role. ... insight Dan, much appreciated, cheers :-) ... CREATE ROLE MyRole; ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • rights lost after alter stored procedures
    ... I use SQL Analyzer to create and alter the stored proedures for SQL ... I just realized that the rights I give user role lost after I run SQL ...