Keeping User From Deleting Table Records

Using MSSQL Server 2000, SP4. My supv uses Access 2003 to run queries off
tables in SQL and connects via ODBC using "sa". If he only needed access to a
few specific tables then I would create views for him; however, he says he
needs access to virtually all tables. Recently he inadventantly deleted many
records out of a table via Access. What security can I set up in SQL 2000
that will allow him to run queries via Access but keep him from deleting
records. I have tested with a test Windows account (network OS is Win2003
Server, R2) with odbc set to windows logon and in SQL added the user to
Security/Logins with no server role and added them as a User in the db with
db_denydatawriter selected and even went so far as to click on Permission and
put the big red X in delete column. However, when I login to domain with test
user account and use Access to run a query, I can still delete records.

  • Re: SQL using C
    ... I am almost a new C programmer and now I need to use SQL within my C ... The people who are telling you to use a C API are out of their mind. ... is not less complicated than ODBC and ties the user to a single ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Sybase Source. What "data flow source" to use?
    ... "Allan Mitchell" wrote: ... when I right-click over a SQL 2005 database and select Import ... datasources defined in ODBC Datasources on my computer, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • Re: Quick primer on Unidata-to-SQL Server Connectivity?
    ... but creating a view and then running an SQL query with more than one ... but somewhat extensive experience with UniData SQL. ... until some things improved in UniData ODBC. ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: Access SQL DAYOFWEEK() problem
    ... not a SQL function ... "Duane Hookom" wrote: ... >> Could anyone tell me what is the correct syntax for the scalar functions? ... >> ODBC Scalar Functions ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: Sybase Source. What "data flow source" to use?
    ... when I right-click over a SQL 2005 ... database and select Import Data, the list of providers does not include ... either A) the list of datasources defined in ODBC Datasources on my computer, ... I've been so excited about SSIS and telling my co-workers how ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)