Re: db_ddladmin

On Aug 11, 9:46 am, "Russell Fields" <russellfie...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Zamdrist,

I have one database where developers are only db_dlladmin and they can
create, alter, etc. objects throughout the database.  I don't know why you
are having problems with that.

Have the problem user(s) run the following query:

select name
from sys.database_principals
where is_member(name) = 1

If db_ddladmin is not in the list then there was some problem in applying
that permission.

RLF

"Zamdrist" <zamdr...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Yeah I'm just trying to fit the user into a role where they can
create, drop, modify tables in a database without having full database
rights, such as dropping the database.

SQL 2005

I didn't think I would need to add permission to alter tables on an
individual table by table. I thought that is what roles were for, i.e.
ddladmin.

Thanks

db_ddladmin is listed. I suspect because the table is owned by dbo,
even though they are part of the db_ddlamin role, they cannot modify
the table's structure. I presume they must also be owner of the table.

So I tried to change the ownership of the table from dbo to the user,
but it then complains to me that the user cannot be found.

"Database principal or schema 'cmintake_rw' does not exist in this
database.". Its right there, I can see it with my own two eyes. Can
even log into the database as the user.

What gives? I thought this was pretty straightforward.

  • Re: Jobs and permissions policy
    ... You can give the rights to modify the job for the user who 'owns' the job. ... Being dbo in your respective database is not enough. ... > Other than giving programmers/developmentstaff sa permissions, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Shared v. Exclusive Access
    ... Control Panel, Add/remove programs, find Adobe, click Modify -> create Adobe ... The folder wherein the frontend resides grants Full permissions to the ... When I open the database, however, I don't get the message boxes. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: What is wrong or missing if I cant modefy an exisiting workgroup?
    ... 1)I wasn't able to remove admins group form User Admin. ... database and managed to modify the existing newsystem.dmw. ... Allthough I found an application that had security ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Multiple users on an Access database
    ... I think version 97 was the last one that allowed you to modify objects while someone else was using the mdb - not any more. ... I've split the database however I'm still encountering problems. ... design of a Report or Form the following message appears " Microsoft ... Access can't save design changes or save to a new database object because ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Backend Ldb file
    ... the network rights are EXACTLY the problem. ... work as intended, all users should have Create, Modify, and Delete rights as ... If a user cannot create the LDB, ... > in the database on the previous day, but is not at work on ...
    (microsoft.public.access.setupconfig)