Re: Permissions in SQL Server 2005

When you have the View Designer window open, press F4 to open the property
window. There is a property called Schema. That box probably contains the
name of a schema that you don't have permission to use, or maybe even a
schema that doesn't exist. At any rate, try changing it to a schema that you
know you have permissions with.
--
Rick Byham, MSFT
(Implies no warranty or rights)

"Juan Manuel Porras Gálvez"
<JuanManuelPorrasGlvez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Why are appearing this error when we're going to create a view in SQL
Server
2005?.

"Property DefaultSchema is not available for Database ... "

Now, we've created a database role function named "A" and we've added a
windows group to this one. "A" has got permission to connect and create
(only) views in database "X".

What's the cause to throw that error?. Could we solve that situation?. Are
there any document to publish that error is a "bug" in SQL Server 2005.

Thanks very much,
Juanma.

  • Re: Permission for a role...
    ... Best regards ... The role db_dealer owns schema AT. ... Permission checking is bypassed for the object owner. ... should only have permission to connect to the database and execute stored ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Permission for a role...
    ... Permission checking is bypassed for the object owner. ... you should not specify a role as the schema owner if you want to prevent members of that role from using objects in the schema. ... And the role should only have permission to connect and execute stored procedures. ... The script below specifies a database user as the AT schema owner and grants EXECUTE permission on the AT schema to db_dealer members: ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: PHP Query Issues on Ingres R3 Linux Version
    ... If a table is owned by the DBA (the database owner) then there is no ... "permission" thing so much as an object ownership issue. ... An object which is not prefixed by a schema name is found by looking ...
    (comp.databases.ingres)
  • Re: SQL 2008 Enterprise - Deny access to database for even administrator: How To?
    ... database 'B' do their jobs. ... there is a SHOWPLAN permission on database level. ... through objects in the first schema thanks to ownership chaining. ... Links for SQL Server Books Online: ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • Permission for a role...
    ... This maps to a databaseuser Jans_Test in a database ... In this database I have a schema AT. ... And the role should only have permission to connect and execute stored ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)