Re: Unable to connect to SQL Server after renaming default databas

Thanks very much for the suggestions.

Unfortunately, my login continues to fail, whether I'm trying to use
Management Studio (e.g. to try and browse databases on the server from the
Options dialog) or SQLCMD.

Since I'm using Windows Authentication, I can't possibly be tying the
password incorrectly. Also, as mentioned, I can still use Windows
Authentication to login to another remote server, so my network account seems
OK.

I was obviously logged in to the local SQL Server before renaming the
default database, but lost the connection as soon as I've renamed the
database - (this was followed by that 'uh oh' feeling..)

Any other suggestions, maybe? Pretty please?

Thanks,
Marina

"Rick Byham, MSFT" wrote:

Since you are familiar with Management Studio and could connect using it
earlier, I suggest you continue to use that. But at the Connect to Database
Engine dialog box, click on the Options button. That opens the Connection
Properties dialog box, which has a spot to specify the name of the database.
Provide the new database name and since you could connect to it before, you
should be able to again.
Then using Management Studio, open your login and change your default
database.
--
Rick Byham, MSFT
(Implies no warranty or rights)

  • Re: Install MSDE w/ MSDE Depl.Toolkit. What permissions when using Win Auth?
    ... I created a login using Enterprise Manager on SQL Server on my server. ... Database Access tab I ticked the tick box for the database that I ... Now when my user installed the MSDE database on his machine locally, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)
  • Re: SQL Server 2005 Express Remote connection
    ... I have also deleted the login for Fred from the list of users for my ... So Fred no longer exists as a login or as a user in the SQL Server setup. ... the database? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Installation OK, but cant connect
    ... > created an access database. ... SQL Server authentication is "client" independent.... ... connections or SQL Server authenticated connections... ... which authenticate user's login at the windows login step... ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)
  • Re: Moving a database to another server
    ... onto a server at home. ... The database has a user that has public, db_owner, ... SQL Server login or a Windows login. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Setting up Linked server to MsAccess
    ... At the server level I have added my windows user group ... At the database level I have added my Server login ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)