RE: WSUS connection problem to SQL Server 2008

Hi Matthieu,

Thank you for using Microsoft MSDN Managed Newsgroup. My name is Mark Han.
I am glad to work with you on this issue.

From your description, I understand that the WSUS server can't connect to
the SQL Server. If I have misunderstood, please let me know.

Generally, DOMAIN\WSUS_SERVER$ "Login failed means that the client probably
running under LocalSystem account or NetworkService account, and the SQL
Server doesn't have the DOMAIN\WSUS_SERVER$ login account. however based on
the current information, I know that the DOMAIN\WSUS_SERVER$ account exist
and is the db owner of the WSUS database. So the issue is a little strang
and we need to narrow down the problem step by step.

to further diagnose the issue, please collect the following information.
1 please capture the whole error description. For example: the security
number and the state number.

2 Use SA authentication to connect to the SQL Server

3 to check the system event log to see if some kerberos error happens when
the issue occurs

If there is anything unclear, please do not hesitate to let me know. Have a
nice day!

Best regards,
Mark Han
Microsoft Online Community Support
ications.

where an initial response from the community or
a Microsoft Support Engineer within 2 business day is acceptable. Please
note that each follow up response may take approximately
2 business days as the support professional working with you may need
further investigation to reach the most efficient resolution.
real-time or phone-based interactions. Issues of this nature are
best handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer by
contacting Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at

  • RE: cannot delete a record in sql server 2005 through asp program
    ... Thank you for using Microsoft MSDN Managed Newsgroup. ... SQL Server database by the asp application. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
  • RE: SQL 2008 SSMS Text Results Information
    ... Welcome to Microsoft MSDN Managed Newsgroup Services. ... But the difference is that in SQL Server 2008, you can see them also on the ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clients)
  • RE: sqlx2008 basic configuration task
    ... Thank you for using Microsoft MSDN Managed Newsgroup. ... Select the provider for SQL Server or SQL Native ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • SQL 2008 Upgrade Bug
    ... I had a similar situation and after calling MS support it turns out there is a bug in the SISS that will prevent the upgrade of an expired evaluation edition. ... I am not sure if you have unintalled the SQL Server and then reinstalled it. ... In this case I recommend that you contact Microsoft Customer Support Services ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • RE: Database Engine Tuning Advisor
    ... In this case I am using an account that has sys admin rights. ... Thank you for using the Microsoft MSDN Managed Newsgroup. ... Tuning Advisor to connect to SQL server database. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)