Re: Securing SQL access via the Internet

Luke
Type 'sql server security best practices' and download MS document about
the subject

"Luke" <Luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,
I am not very familiar with SQL so I am hoping someone can give me a bit
of
guidance.

We will shortly have a number of clients connecting to a new SQL server
across the Internet (publishing the port via one of our public IP
addresses).

What I want to find out is whether there is a secure way to do this (such
as
some kind of front end SQL server that relays the commands to the actual
SQL
server, or similar) or a way to secure it better against Internet based
attacks.

Thanks for your assistance :)

  • Re: Is SQLEXPRESS 2005 Available on CD?
    ... AFAIK if .Net Framework 2.0 is installed on a system then SQL Server would not need anything to download. ... Can you tell me what does the Setup connect and download from internet? ... required to perform the SQLEXPRESS 2005 instalation, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Secure access to a SQL Server database
    ... securely accessing SQL Server. ... script text, computer launched from, user launching. ... the hash value that gets authenticated against the secure table. ... ASP Currently we use SQL Server authentication and stuff something in a ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: transfer data to remote server
    ... You cannot run insert statements over the Internet to an Access mdb. ... You can do it for MSDE (which is SQL Server.) ... > web hosts server? ... > remote web host i have supports odbc but would that be secure to just send ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • Re: Best method of saving data between the normal and SSL stuff
    ... I would use a central SQL Server to host both secure and non-secure data. ... > What I want to do is store their completed orders so that they can look at ... > to same http 'hit' DB? ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)
  • Re: Copying SQL Server 2000 data to remote database - best option?
    ... SqlServer to our public internet site hosted by our web hosting ... #1) Is DTS secure over the internet without a VPN setup or does it pass ... I need to transfer data from a set of tables in SQL Server A in Country A to ... Create a DTS package in SQL Server A in country A which will read the ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)