Re: Windows authentication within a Windows Service

Launch a thread inside the service using proper credentials and do connect from it.

Jim Weaver wrote:
I have a java app that runs as a Window's Service. It is configured to log on as Local System. When trying to connect remotely to SQL Server 2005 using Windows Authentication through the SQL Server jdbc client, an exception is raised saying "Login failed for user NT Authority/Anonymous Logon". Changing the Service to log on as particular Window's account resolves the problem, but we'd really prefer not to do that. Is there any other way to "force" sqljdbc.jar or sqljdbc_auth.dll (which ever one is actually "reading" the user id) to use the Windows login rather than the login that the service is running under?

  • Re: Credentials not being passed with remote access
    ... allowed windows authentication to work, ... I had assumed johnx was a domain user rather than a local Windows account. ... johnx was set up as a local login on sql server. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Very basic login question
    ... In order to use Windows Authentication the two computers have to be members of the same domain or trusted domains. ... you should have a login at the SQL Server on the XP Pro workstation. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Unexpected Login Screen When Accessing SQL Data Via .NET Intra
    ... >> data and the SQL Server is on the same server. ... >> My problem is that one user has started getting a login popup ... >> right in via Windows Authentication like everyone else and like they ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: ODBC worked until Server reboot defaulted to windows authentic
    ... I cannot log in with the sa password from Mgmt Studio. ... I cannot login now. ... now it defaults to Windows authentication and it works with that so I will ... SQL server defaulted to Windows authentication mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Unexpected Login Screen When Accessing SQL Data Via .NET Intranet