Re: exec permissions

Andre (andre@xxxxxxxxxx) writes:
If I want a group of developers to have access to see the variables in
stored procs, and be able to execute them, what permission do I need to
give the users? I don't want to make them all dbo's, nor do I really
want to grant exec on the stored procs to every user. It seems like
there has to be a better way but I don't see a role that fills this
need. I'm sure I'm overlooking something.

First create a role with CREATE ROLE, and then add the developers to that
role with sp_addrolemember.

Then you grant that role EXEC permissions on the procedures you want them
to be able to execute. If you only want them to be able to see the code on
some procedures, you can grant then VIEW DEFINITION.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Links for SQL Server Books Online: