RE: Active Directory Group in SQL Server 2005 SP3 Server

State 11 means that the use does not have access their default database or
initial catalog setting is wrong in the connection string.

Thanks.
--
Mohit K. Gupta
B.Sc. CS, Minor Japanese

"Chris" wrote:

Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 11

"Mohit K. Gupta" wrote:

Hi Chris

What is the Error state?

--
Mohit K. Gupta
B.Sc. CS, Minor Japanese
MCITP: Database Administrator
MCTS: SQL Server 2005
http://sqllearnings.blogspot.com/

"Chris" wrote:

I have a SQL Server 2005 SP3 server that will not allow Active directory
group users to login. I get this in the event log (names and addresses
changed to protect the innocent):
Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\user'. [CLIENT: 1.1.1.1].

However on my other SQL Servers (all have SP2), it works perfectly. I just
create the login as the Domain group, and assign its appropriate roles.

Is there something different in SP3? I am not sure if this worked prior to
the upgrade, as we never used groups with this server until now, so it is
possible this problem is specific to that server.

  • I have finally found a solution for this problem...
    ... MCTS: SQL Server 2005 ... "Mohit K. Gupta" wrote: ... Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.fulltext)
  • RE: Cluster Configurations
    ... MCTS: SQL Server 2005 ... "Mohit K. Gupta" wrote: ... Named Instance -> Failover to Node 4 ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: SQL native client