RE: Active Directory Group in SQL Server 2005 SP3 Server

Hi Chris

What is the Error state?

Mohit K. Gupta
B.Sc. CS, Minor Japanese
MCITP: Database Administrator
MCTS: SQL Server 2005

"Chris" wrote:

I have a SQL Server 2005 SP3 server that will not allow Active directory
group users to login. I get this in the event log (names and addresses
changed to protect the innocent):
Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\user'. [CLIENT:].

However on my other SQL Servers (all have SP2), it works perfectly. I just
create the login as the Domain group, and assign its appropriate roles.

Is there something different in SP3? I am not sure if this worked prior to
the upgrade, as we never used groups with this server until now, so it is
possible this problem is specific to that server.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Unexpected Login Screen When Accessing SQL Data Via .NET Intra
    ... >> data and the SQL Server is on the same server. ... >> My problem is that one user has started getting a login popup ... >> right in via Windows Authentication like everyone else and like they ...
  • Re: cannot acees two databases as owner
    ... it does not matter you are a member of the ... the sysadmin fixed server role or if there is no any other Login which is ... group if it's a domain) and you can login to your SQL Server with, ...
  • Re: Database security design with and form-based authentication
    ... Since you already have forms-based security, why not use a single SQL login ... for all database access? ... data entry, guest/view only, admin, report viewer. ... so I'm using SQL Server authentication. ...
  • Re: Credentials not being passed with remote access
    ... allowed windows authentication to work, ... I had assumed johnx was a domain user rather than a local Windows account. ... johnx was set up as a local login on sql server. ...
  • Re: No db access after publishing web site
    ... GRANT UPDATE TO ... If I detach and attach this database on a different PC (according that PC ... Cannot open database "pago" requested by the login. ... Are you detaching/attaching the SQL Server Express database correctly ...