RE: Active Directory Group in SQL Server 2005 SP3 Server

Hi Chris

What is the Error state?

--
Mohit K. Gupta
B.Sc. CS, Minor Japanese

"Chris" wrote:

I have a SQL Server 2005 SP3 server that will not allow Active directory
group users to login. I get this in the event log (names and addresses
changed to protect the innocent):
Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\user'. [CLIENT: 1.1.1.1].

However on my other SQL Servers (all have SP2), it works perfectly. I just
create the login as the Domain group, and assign its appropriate roles.

Is there something different in SP3? I am not sure if this worked prior to
the upgrade, as we never used groups with this server until now, so it is
possible this problem is specific to that server.

  • Re: Unexpected Login Screen When Accessing SQL Data Via .NET Intra
    ... >> data and the SQL Server is on the same server. ... >> My problem is that one user has started getting a login popup ... >> right in via Windows Authentication like everyone else and like they ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: cannot acees two databases as owner
    ... it does not matter you are a member of the ... the sysadmin fixed server role or if there is no any other Login which is ... group if it's a domain) and you can login to your SQL Server with, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Database security design with ASP.net and form-based authentication
    ... Since you already have forms-based security, why not use a single SQL login ... for all database access? ... data entry, guest/view only, admin, report viewer. ... so I'm using SQL Server authentication. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Credentials not being passed with remote access
    ... allowed windows authentication to work, ... I had assumed johnx was a domain user rather than a local Windows account. ... johnx was set up as a local login on sql server. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: No db access after publishing web site
    ... GRANT UPDATE TO ... If I detach and attach this database on a different PC (according that PC ... Cannot open database "pago" requested by the login. ... Are you detaching/attaching the SQL Server Express database correctly ...