RE: Please help with deleting a user.

Hi Al,

Change the owner of the database to "SA". And you should be able to
delete the login :).

Thanks.

--
Mohit K. Gupta
B.Sc. CS, Minor Japanese

"Al" wrote:

I created a <log in> in sql server 2005. When I tried to delete the log in,
it gave me a message that to complete the process I should delete the users
(belonging to this log in) in each databse, it also said that it may be
necessary to transfer the ownership of the schemas to new users. I tried
doing that using:

ALTER AUTHORIZATION ON SCHEMA::dbo TO guest;

it says that it can not alter "dbo" schema.

My user that I am trying to delete is "DrawingReview" (it is a generic name
for my applicatin) and when I click on the properties of this user it shows
that the user owns "dbo" schema.
Any Idea how can I delet that user?
I am new to SQL Server.
thanks
Al

  • Re: sql server
    ... managment studio is connected to a sql server 2000 standard edition database. ... the default schema name for me on sql server 2005 management studio ... Assuming your database is using objects only in the dbo schema here is what ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Please help with deleting a user.
    ... I created a in sql server 2005. ... ALTER AUTHORIZATION ON SCHEMA::dbo TO guest; ... it says that it can not alter "dbo" schema. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: SQL 2008 db_datareader cannot display all tables
    ... I solved the problem, sort of, by changing the schema owner to dbo. ... I have a SQL Server 2008 database server that was installed as the ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: default schema (SQL Server 2005)
    ... SQL Server will prevent that with: ... Cannot alter the user 'dbo'. ... schema for this role "dbo" and our application has been writtem not to ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: multiple cascade paths
    ... You should not have them if your schema is designed properly. ... make you understand that I tried to show that a proper design can have ... am a SQL Server MVP, for crying out loud - you can safely assume that I ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)