Re: Issue in SQL version

Is it possible that you connected to the 'old' instance (SQL 2000)?

"SID" <SID@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I ran it in Query analyser.

"Uri Dimant" wrote:

SID
Where do you run this command? In SSMS? I suspect you do not have SSMS
installed on the computer for SQL Server Express Edition.

"SID" <SID@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am newbie and for getting version of server, fired SELECT @@version in
my
Sql 2005 express but i am getting Server-2000 and i expected it as
2005.
Please clarify.

  • Re: SQL Server 2000 EM vs. SQL Server 2005 MS
    ... Of course, SSMS will mature over time, for instance based on feedback at http://connect.microsoft.com/sqlserver. ... Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP ... > database properties' selection. ... not work with some functionality in SQL Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)
  • Re: Enterprise Manager Newbie Question
    ... "Remember password" option when running SSMS? ... Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP ... why don't you write a short backup script using the SQLCMD utility ... Senior Database Administrator ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)
  • Re: SSMS 2008 Super Buggy
    ... when you try to connect to the linked server (SQL 2005)created on the SQL ... when using SQL 2008 SSMS to dubug a sprocs, it seems that the SSMS hangs. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... a Microsoft Support Engineer within 2 business day is acceptable. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)
  • Re: SSMS Ctrl+Tab - Bad Functionality
    ... I am supplying the full address for the Denali forum. ... I used to prefer QA to SSMS for a long time and really had ... This is a forum for Denali the next version of SQL Server. ... includes a few posts from Sanjay Nagamangalam who is charge of SSMS in ...
  • timeout expired on View
    ... I'm running SSMS with SQL Server 2008. ... execute after a minute or two. ... Error Message: Timeout expired. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)