Re: Snapshot security

Consider disabling the logins on the mirror server. If you have to
failover, then you'll need to run a script to enable them.

--
Tom

Thomas A. Moreau, BSc, PhD, MCSE, MCDBA, MCITP, MCTS
SQL Server MVP
Toronto, ON Canada
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Tom.Moreau

"Princy" <noname@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

We have a primary server and another server that is the mirror of the
primary server and a snapshot of the mirror on that same server. SS is
droped
and recreated everyday. Mirror also copies all the logins and security to
use
this as a DR server. So the Snapshot automatically migrates all the logins
and thus those with permission os SS can also access the primary.

Is there is any workaround to avoid this situation? I.e., those with
permission in SS should not have permission in primary.

--
Regards

Priw

  • Re: CVSUP Mirror
    ... My supfile on my mirror server looks identical to yours. ... your system until you type "make install". ... a few questions so that I can set up your CVSup server properly. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: hardware for Exchange 2003
    ... your current server will work fine. ... in daily bases or weekly bases in order to commit the T.L files into Exchange ... one(or mirror or RAID 1) for Transaction Log files and let's call this D: ... ALL SCSI drives running at 15krpm for maximum throughput. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.design)
  • Re: How to create a USB flash software repository?
    ... A daily/weekly cron job to mirror one of the update mirrors works ... the packages installed on each machine, ... My network is configured with a PXE boot server set up to allow ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: How to create a USB flash software repository?
    ... A daily/weekly cron job to mirror one of the update mirrors works ... the packages installed on each machine, ... My network is configured with a PXE boot server set up to allow ... Having the server path stored in the database was actually quite useful ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: SBS 2000 install problems (need to reinstall from scratch)
    ... They are just simple IDE drives running as dynamic disks ... I am familiar with the Active Directory replication from one server to ... the SBS install will change the AD schema to accomodate Exchange. ... >> Do I need to go into disk management and break the mirror first or just ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)