SQL Error 4060, SQL State 1

Hi,

My client has a W2003 Server with Sql 2000 SP4 running. There is a security
group defined on the W2003 Server that has all the logins that can access
the application database.

I installed SQL Express 2005 on a client computer which is a member of the
W2003 domain.

My .NET application connects fine to databases on SQL 2000 instance on W2003
Server.

My problem is I fail to connect to the database on the workstation running
the 2005 Express. The security group defined on the W2003 Server shows up
from the SQL 2005 Management studio, and I used the same stored procedure to
grant all rights necessary to that group on the database on the 2005
Express, but everytime I try and connect from my application, I get the same
error, 4060 State 1.

Is there a checklist anywhere which helps diagnose this problem?

Any help is much appreciated.

Chris Hough

  • Re: Database index is corruption . I dont know how to explain to my client]
    ... IF this data resides on the server - then use a server based anti-virus ... > I told my client the database index is corruption due to some client PC ... > effected by client computer even the client computer was hang or had ... > sending a request to server to ask for data modification. ...
  • Re: Cannot find any Business Contact Manager databases on computer...
    ... This is best posted in the BCM newsgroup on this server - but this error usually means the client computer can't see it on the server computer - either firewall issues or sharing not properly configured. ... Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ... Database shared and MSOA database configured for multiuser before ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Accounting Software with Delphi Source...
    ... My client has no database product on his machine. ... any true Client Server type application will require a database ... It doesn't have to be on the client computer so ...
  • Installing Local Server
    ... I installed sql personal edition 2000 on my machine, ... However, when I tried to import a database from another server, my ... Enterprise manager Windows NT. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Installing Local Server
    ... If you go through the registration of SQL Server in Enterprise Manager you ... >I installed sql personal edition 2000 on my machine, ... However, when I tried to import a database from another server, my ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)