Re: TCP 1433 and UDP 1434

Dan Guzman (guzmanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) writes:
If you are referring the the UDP 1434 buffer overrun vulnerability, this
was corrected back in 2001 with SQL 2000 SP2 (and a hotfix pre-SP2).
SQL 2005 and later versions have never had the issue.

The Slammer fix was in SP3 and in a hotfix to SP2, wasn't it?

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

  • Re: Access 2007->SQL Server2005 "connection was forcibly closed",G
    ... I moved every table I was able to move to the SQL ... closed connections - but all of these errors are in the version which used ... the SQL Server 2000 and everything worked ... communication between ODBC (OLEDB and Native Client, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: Unable to Install Embedded SP2 Database files
    ... that you can't upgrade the SP1 DB to SP2 and the other is that your XPe ... tools (like Database Manager) can no longer connect to the remote DB. ... I know you said no one there is a SQL expert but it would be helpful if you ... Also, while you troubleshoot the SQL Server, my personal recommendation is ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: AD Helper Service Error - Help Needed
    ... This SBS box has had SP2 ... I expect that this means that the system is SP2 and the SQL is at SP2 also ... The SQL Server Active Directory Helper service terminated with ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • It can be Done
    ... I just installed a 3 SQL Server 2005 instances on a 2 node Active/Passive cluster. ... IWiz will then offer you a choice of Group on where you can install teh Fail Over Clustered Instance of SQL. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: Unable to Apply SP4 to SQL 2000 Cluster (new Node)
    ... Rebuild the node in the failover cluster. ... Scenario 1" in SQL Server 2000 Books Online. ... This setup process updates to SP4 only the binaries on the new ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)