RE: KB954606 security update failed

I have had the same problem, the cause I think was that I removed all the
built-in Windows logins from SQL server, so only 'sa' login had permissions.
After I put back my Administrator login and assigned it sysadmin role, the
hotfix installed with no problem.

--
Best regards.

"inungh" wrote:

I have SQL server 2005 express verions install and get KB954606
security update failed since Sep/2008.

What should I do for this?
Does it mean that my computer has virus or contorled by someone to
stop me do the update?
Should I uninstall SQL server 2005 express and reinstalled?

Your information is great appreciated,

  • Re: Unexpected Login Screen When Accessing SQL Data Via .NET Intra
    ... >> data and the SQL Server is on the same server. ... >> My problem is that one user has started getting a login popup ... >> right in via Windows Authentication like everyone else and like they ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: cannot acees two databases as owner
    ... it does not matter you are a member of the ... the sysadmin fixed server role or if there is no any other Login which is ... group if it's a domain) and you can login to your SQL Server with, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Credentials not being passed with remote access
    ... allowed windows authentication to work, ... I had assumed johnx was a domain user rather than a local Windows account. ... johnx was set up as a local login on sql server. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Database security design with ASP.net and form-based authentication
    ... Since you already have forms-based security, why not use a single SQL login ... for all database access? ... data entry, guest/view only, admin, report viewer. ... so I'm using SQL Server authentication. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: No db access after publishing web site
    ... GRANT UPDATE TO ... If I detach and attach this database on a different PC (according that PC ... Cannot open database "pago" requested by the login. ... Are you detaching/attaching the SQL Server Express database correctly ...