Re: Script for Permissions to Use Tools

Ray, What version of SQL Server are you running? The answer varies. - RLF

"RayAtTheBeach" <RayAtTheBeach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A03BB930-FB67-4A0B-8A11-53DAB8D2AA39@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm hoping someone already has a script out there to grant only necessary
permissions (not SA role membership) for a user to run the following:

Database Tuning Advisor
SQL Profiler
Activity Monitor (for all sessions)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

  • Re: **Deny**
    ... usually done when permissions are inherited via role membership. ... GRANT and DENY have no affect on db_owner role members. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Script for Permissions to Use Tools
    ... I'm hoping someone already has a script out there to grant only necessary ... permissions (not SA role membership) for a user to run the following: ... Database Tuning Advisor ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: SELECT permission denied...
    ... Thanks for the reply Scott, no i didn't touch the role membership so maybe ... my statement about giving it all permissions was wrong... ... Steve ...