Re: Failed upgrade and removal

anythingit (u47438@uwe) writes:
I have a SBS 2003 Sp2 box that had it's OS installed by Dell and shipped
to customers site.

While configuring the system, and attempt was made to move the Sql
Databases from C: to D: as well as updated the Update Services to
version 3.

There is no desire by the customer to have WSUS installed on the machine
sense there are only 5 XP boxes on the network so this can be completely
removed if necessary.

The problem is the Application Event Logs are filling up with 2 repeating
errors:

Event ID: 421
Connection to database failed. Reason=Cannot open database "SUSDB"
requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'.. Connection string:
Net=dbnmpntw;Data Source=\\.\pipe\MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE\sql\query;;Initial
Catalog=SUSDB;Connection Timeout=60;Application Name=WSUS SQL
Connection;Trusted_Connection=Yes;Pooling='true'; Max Pool Size = 100

Apparently the database SUSDB does not exist.

How you should fix it, I don't know, because I don't know what this
SUSDB is supposed to achieve. You say something about "no desire by the
customer to have WSUS installed", but since I don't know what WSUS
that does not make me that much wiser. But possibly it indicates that
the solution is not to create a SUSDB database, but find out who is
knocking on the door, and stop him from doing that.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

  • Fixed
    ... I also found this article that gives the proper way to move system dbs in sql 2008: ... The model exists where the master states it exists. ... This is the error log prior to detaching the model database. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: CREATE AGGREGATE failed because type Concatenate does not conform to UDAGG specification due to
    ... Go to the Database tab and click on the browse button next to the connection string. ... In the New Database Reference dialog, enter the details for the database where you want to deploy the assembly and create the user defined aggregate. ... I'm trying to do some CLR integration with sql server 2005. ...
  • CREATE AGGREGATE failed because type Concatenate does not conform to UDAGG specification due to meth
    ... Now register the assembly and the aggregate in the SQL Server database you want ... I'm trying to do some CLR integration with sql server 2005. ...
  • Re: OOP - a question about database access
    ... >>and project so much better in SQL DBMSes than in ODBMSes, ... >>100x more bytes from the database, just because you want your objects to ... > a related invoice.. ... > assoication from the customer to the invoice collection and have done ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: dbdebunk Quote of Week comment
    ... > a lot of really bad SQL programmers. ... But SQL does not have a pointer data type or the ... > being told to design a database. ... But why is little Cindy Lou Who employee ...
    (comp.databases.theory)