Domain Admin login failure.

I installed SQL Server 2005 RTM on Windows Server 2008. I immediately
rebooted the server and installed SQL 2005 Service Pack 2; I did not run the
Vista wizard at the end.

I am having an issue where I can log into the SQL server using the SA
password or the local administrator account, but get a login failure when
trying to logon using a domain admin account (domain admins is in the local
administrators group).

Any ideas?

  • Re: SQL Server 2008 Setup ERROR
    ... I had first installed SQL Server Express edition, ... Server developer edition as a seperate instance. ... to add the Management Tools - Complete feature to the MSSQLSERVER instance. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Cant connect to SQL Server 2005 Express
    ... I just installed SQL Server 2005 Express edition, but I can't connect to the ... configuration manager. ... I tried connecting with the local installed SQL Express manager, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Cant connect to SQL Server 2005 Express
    ... I just installed SQL Server 2005 Express edition, but I can't connect to the ... configuration manager. ... I tried connecting with the local installed SQL Express manager, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver)
  • Cant connect to SQL Server 2005 Express
    ... I just installed SQL Server 2005 Express edition, but I can't connect to the ... configuration manager. ... I tried connecting with the local installed SQL Express manager, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • RE: Small bother with broad band connection on XP
    ... Try a "System Restore" to restore your computer before you installed SQL ... ..Net and Windows Shell MVP ... I have since then uninstalled SQL Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)