Re: Regarding SQL Server Login

James Simpson (JamesSimpson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) writes:
It would be for the entire server (the instance of the server) not just
the database for obvious reasons. How do I specify deny every
conceiveable type of group and leave only the sa to be able to login?

DROP LOGIN [BUILTIN\Administrators]

After this, SELECT * FROM sys.server_principals should return 18 rows.
The other 17 beside sa are fixed server roles, certificates and some
predefined logins/groups that I would not recommend that you drop, as
I have no idea of what could break if you do.

Then again, I am not sure that I see the point of permitting no one but
sa to access the server.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Links for SQL Server Books Online: