RE: MS08-040

anyone has any feedback is mostly appreciated ??
Thanks

"Anthony L." wrote:

we like to deploy the SQL2000 GDRand QFE fixes to our servers thru silent
mode , is there any way to deterime the buildlevel (either 2039 or 2187) from
the registry so that we can apply the appropriate fix for GDR/QFE ?

we know we can connect to SQL interactivley and check the buildlevel by
select serverproperty ('productlevel') but if we want to do it thru
unattended mode, it would be much easier if we can determine it from the
registry setting , right ?

  • Re: Updates are downloaded but fail to install
    ... So I applied the fix for that (see ... and then applied the below quoted registry fix. ... dl'd it) but when I again tried to install the update from the MS Update ... Windows Updates problem" on a few computers that I have worked on....The ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: OT: Problems with latest Micorosoft security update
    ... issue a "physician, heal thyself" fix, which, as you say, won't get picked ... first time of typing it in and using brackets and wondered why it didn't ... What I'm really stirred up about is the registry "fix" that most ... is to opt for notification of updates but do not ...
    (uk.music.guitar)
  • Re: XP working not quite right.
    ... >Most programs boot and operate normally, ... >I'm concerned that the registry was corrupted somehow. ... >How do I proceed to diagnose and fix these things? ... virus scan of the hard drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows installer with a mind of its own?
    ... > ears otherwise don't say anything unless u can fix my problem. ... Ccleaner has an option to create a backup of your registry. ... >> doesn't work then a combnation of running the Office installer choosing ...
  • Re: embedded .wmv in IE6 wmp10 problem
    ... HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry - you might find a registry verifier tool is ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... In order to fix this, run the following commands from either the "Run" ...
    (microsoft.public.multimedia.windows.mediaplayer)