Re: Windows authentication still prompts for database login

Ron
If you connect via Windows Authentication SQL Server prompts for login BUT
not for the password. Can you be more specific?

"Ron Porter" <rporter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
SQL Server 2005:
I have some Crystal Reports XI reports that prompt the user with a full
database login screen (server, database, username, password). The login
shows Integrated Security as turned off and the database field is blank
(that is where I think the problem lies).

* The report settings seem to the same as for those reports that do work
(and I did check to be sure that the report itself is configured to use
integrated security)
* Other reports work fine
* The database is set to allow the Windows group that the user is a member
of
* As far as I can tell, all the relevant database objects carry the same
permission settings as found on objects where everything works as expected
* It doesn't fail for everybody, but close. As far as I can tell, only
members of Domain Admins are successfully running these reports, but
members of the other groups have no trouble with all the other reports.

Obviously, I'm missing something, but I'm at my wits end. Users claim that
the broken reports were working a couple of weeks ago, so it may be that
something changed, but what?

If you suspect that this is really a Crystal-specific problem, let me know
and I'll dig deeper on that angle.

  • Re: SYSTEMS ENGINEER/ VAX-VMS/ CAREER POSITION
    ... System Administration and database admin from NIIT, ... salary details and generate reports and enclosures,and calculates ... Responsibilities: ... Write New programs from user requirements, Programming Changes ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Selling the boss on a "publish to the web" Access app?
    ... provide a link to the database to users and they could come in to the site, run reports, etc. ... Can you find me an example of a database online and don't have to login that was written in asp.net for example? ... You REALLY need to adopt some overall secure model for your web systems, regardless of what your goal is here. ... So the idea of a one click to publish to some system, certainly means that you're going to have to adopt a web server with a FIXED set of standards. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: Advice needed for a growing Access 2000 project
    ... However, it turned out that quite a few of those were "leftovers" from previous releases, no longer accessible from anywhere but the database window, and, thus, no longer used. ... But that certainly isn't the _norm_ -- without any 'heroic' measures, there are routine reports of split Access DBs ... Finally, in my opinion, for "Windows apps", that is, individual-user applications, modest-sized multiuser applications, and client-server applications of any size, Dot Net does NOT "help along" any of these issues. ... The post I reference was in reference its self to the MS Access Help file under "Microsoft Access database general specifications" ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: running report cause fatal error- on Win98, not XP
    ... It is actually not that difficult to crash JET with complex queries, ... another query. ... only the more complex reports cause the crash- the others do ... Then compact the database: ...
    (microsoft.public.access.reports)
  • Re: running report cause fatal error- on Win98, not XP
    ... another query. ... only the more complex reports cause the crash- the others do ... Then compact the database: ... Still in the code window, choose Compile from the Debug menu. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.reports)