Re: owner of maintenance jobs-permission hole?

I responded in .server. Let's discuss there. - RLF

"jj" <jeff_detoro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello,
I have a SQL 2000 user who created some maintenance jobs (they are owned
by her account). She can run them manually but says she can't schedule
them. If I change the owner of the jobs to SA, does that mean she could
then modify those jobs and get data with SA rights that she didn't have
access to with her account?

tia,
jj

  • Re: Jobs Failed do not work when scheduled done via DTS Scheduled Package
    ... the SQL info out within the PATH. ... running one of the Jobs and it executed without a hitch. ... > What does the DTS package do? ... the account used is whatever account you ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Xerox DocuTech problems
    ... Kudos to Xerox for setting a new standard of incompetence. ... The Scanner is controlled by an Intel box ... The scanner sends jobs via ftp to the printer. ... The NT box Administrator account password is "administ" and is ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Xerox DocuTech problems
    ... Kudos to Xerox for setting a new standard of incompetence. ... The Scanner is controlled by an Intel box ... The scanner sends jobs via ftp to the printer. ... The NT box Administrator account password is "administ" and is ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: Rights Change to Administrator Account Causes Hassles
    ... Administrator login account? ... SQL Server Agent services? ... > from the Administrator login account. ... All the jobs run as self. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • SQL Agent Account
    ... There are a few jobs that developers create and they run under there ... I enabled the SQL Agent Proxy account yet the above ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)