Re: user permissions

Hi Trapulo,
I would like to add some comments regarding 'EXECUTE AS' clause in SQL
Server 2005 as a complement of Rick's response. I think you can work around
this issue by creating a stored procedure with 'EXECUTE AS' clause in SQL
Server 2005.

First ensure that the account specified in the EXECUTE AS clause has the
permission to kill a process; then in the stored procedure, you can use
"exec xp_cmdsehll 'kill <pid>'" to kill a process; finally give out
permissions to execute the stored procedure for your database user. By this
way, you should be able to not only do the database thing but also do the
server thing.

For more information, please refer to:
EXECUTE AS Clause (Transact-SQL)

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel
free to let us know. Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Charles Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support
ications.

Note: The MSDN Managed Newsgroup support offering is for
non-urgent issues where an initial response from the community
or a Microsoft Support Engineer within 1 business day is acceptable.
Please note that each follow up response may take approximately
2 business days as the support professional working with you may
need further investigation to reach the most efficient resolution.
The offering is not appropriate for situations
handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer by
contacting Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at