Re: SQL Services account question...
- From: Ekrem Önsoy <ekrem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 22:39:51 +0200
A SQL Server server which is part of a domain and its service is not a domain account. Why not? Because using a domain account as a SQL Server service account is a recommended way.
My guess is, you get the error because SQL Server service can't communicate with your AD server as it's a local service.
"Joe" <Joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:D75D7153-C26E-43A3-96BB-59C533F4031A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OK, here's my problem.
I have a SQL 2005 Server that is part of a domain. The SQL services start
local account and not a domain account. The issue I am seeing is that when
to backup a database that is owned by a Domain account the querying of AD
account information fails. Error below:
 SQLServer Error: 15404, Could not obtain information about Windows NT
Then in the Security event log I get an error at the same time that states:
An error occurred during logon
Source: Security Event ID: 537
So the question is, how can I get this to work correctly? Should I just
change the owner of the database?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
- Prev by Date: Re: SQL 2005 express security issue
- Next by Date: Re: SQL Services account question...
- Previous by thread: Cross-database execution permissions with certificates and schemas
- Next by thread: Re: SQL Services account question...