Re: Audit Trace Files

Hi
In SQL Server 2005 take a look at sys.traces system table

"Munish Narula" <munish.narula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4412799B-EE0B-431B-92E2-F51988471166@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am using server side traces to enable SQL Server 2000 and 2005 auditing.
Every time I start the server, I define a new trace file for auditing. So
till now I have configured around 100 trace files.

Now I want to get the list of all the trace files (which are at different
location in my PC), using some mechanism. Please let me know if there is a
function or procedure which will give me all the trace files that have
been
configured for auditing in SQL 2000 and 2005.

I found a function fn_trace_getinfo, which returns information about a
specified trace or all existing traces, but I want all the trace files,
which
have been created till now, irrespective of whether they are active or
not.

Is there a function in SQL which would help me in this?

  • Re: Tracing the given client id
    ... There aren't any trace files. ... That doesn't work even on Oracle 11.2. ... SQL> select * from emp; ... Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - Production ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: problems w/ fn_trace_gettable
    ... Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP ... I am able to open the trace files w/ Profiler ... >>On the SQL Server or on a network location? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Audit Trace Files
    ... Every time I start the server, I define a new trace file for auditing. ... Now I want to get the list of all the trace files (which are at ... As I understand it, once a trace is done, SQL Server ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: problems w/ fn_trace_gettable
    ... The trace files are located on the server running the SQL ... >Can you show us the exact command you are using? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Reading .trc files of SQL Server 2000/2005
    ... SQLBenchmarkPro is a tool I designed to organise trace scheduling, ... collection & analysis accross multiple server concurrently - for both SQL ... SQL Profiler can read the trace files, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)