Re: Audit Trace Files

Munish Narula (munish.narula@xxxxxxxxx) writes:
I am using server side traces to enable SQL Server 2000 and 2005 auditing.
Every time I start the server, I define a new trace file for auditing. So
till now I have configured around 100 trace files.

Now I want to get the list of all the trace files (which are at
different location in my PC), using some mechanism. Please let me know
if there is a function or procedure which will give me all the trace
files that have been configured for auditing in SQL 2000 and 2005.

I found a function fn_trace_getinfo, which returns information about a
specified trace or all existing traces, but I want all the trace files,
which have been created till now, irrespective of whether they are
active or not.

Is there a function in SQL which would help me in this?

I don't think so. As I understand it, once a trace is done, SQL Server
forgets all about it.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at