ddl admin privilage

Hi,
I have an existing production archive/copyback process. Using 'sa'
authority, it archives records from one db to another archive server. In some
cases buisness can request us to "copyback" some of the archived records from
archive server. Tables have identity columns on it. I set the identity_insert
on and then do this copyback funtion using 'sa' id. In order to set the
identity property, one needs ddl_admin or sysadmin priv.

Problem is I need to transfer this whole process to a developer who does
not have sa authrity or ddl_admin rights. I don't want to give those rights
to him. How can I accomplish this w/o compromising on security ?
TIA
MO
.