Roles - Users

There is a user in a developer role who has been here since before we changed
our domain name. This developer has less permission on the server than other
developers. Developer is a domain level group.

All domain information was ported from the old domain to new domain (per
netadmin) more than a year ago. On the database server, there are legacy
applications that "may" be using the old domain logins. We have many
"partners".

I can't devise an accurate method to determine this legacy usage so I have
not shut down the legacy logins that are indeterminate. Meanwhile, it is
possible (I think) that this developer may have permissions limited by
association with the legacy domain permissions on the server.

How can I narrow this down?

Or, for example, can I add a role with "developer" permissions and then add
the user's login to the role?

Is there a right or wrong way to go about this?
--
Regards,
Jamie

  • Re: Where To Put Data?
    ... Russell's solution is to change the permissions on ... on the all users app data folder and create a subfolder ... Easier on the developer, and there is no need to have an NT system to test ... Every user use the same settings. ...
  • Re: Roles - Users
    ... Developer is a domain level group. ... On the database server, there are legacy ... association with the legacy domain permissions on the server. ... Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Roles - Users
    ... Developer is a domain level group. ... association with the legacy domain permissions on the server. ... Windows groups he is a member of. ... Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Permissions exception saving app config
    ... developer runs the same code in Visual Studio debug he receives a ... At the file/folder level he has full permissions and I would think we have ... the same default code access security. ... In an attempt to fix the problem, I had a freak caspol accident (I think it ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: database split before or after security?
    ... As I go through the user and group permissions, I may have made an error. ... The owner is "Developer" and is a member of Admins Group and Developer Group, ... Group has Open/Run permissions on the tables or queries. ... I created a new database in Access 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)