Re: AWE Memory

Thanks Andrew,
I agree! That SQL Server is using over 4GB without Lock Pages permission. Is
that really possible or the Performane Monitor is displaying wrong result?

"Andrew J. Kelly" <sqlmvpnooospam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Any app can use up to 2GB of memory by default. Lock Pages is mainly for
memory above 4GB.

--
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
Solid Quality Mentors

"Leila" <Leilas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi all,
Today I was working on a server and I noticed that it's processor is 64
bit while the OS is Windows 2003 32 bit.
The PAE switch was added to boot.ini, AWE option was enabled for SQL
Server but the service account was not granted the permission of Lock
Page in gpedit.msc.
Performance monitor indicated that SQL Server is using 5.1GB memory out
of total 6GB.
My question is that how SQL Server was using 5.1GB of memory while it
didn't have Lock Page permission.
Thanks in advance,
Leila

.