Re: sa account Connections

Correct. Go ahead and change it.

Of course, if some other software in your shop was designed to login as 'sa'
and needed the password that software will have a problem, but the SQL
Server itself will keep running.

And if you have software logging in as 'sa' try to fix it or get rid of it.
:-)

RLF

"Tomm" <Tomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
So if I change the 'sa' password on the server from the one I assigned
during
the installation I should not have an issues, correct?

"Russell Fields" wrote:

Tomm,

SPIDs below 50 are system spids. These are processes that SQL Server
itself
uses to get work done on the server. If all you 'sa' connections are in
this range, then you are just seeing the system at work.

RLF

"Tomm" <Tomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have a question that I can't seem to figure out. When I install a SQL
2000
w/SP 4 and no other users except for myself and sa, I see that the 'sa'
account is connected to SQL. I'm using my server account to logon, I
don't
have any startup stored procedures that are using the account and the
SQL
Agent is using Windows Authentication to connect to SQL Server.

My question: What is using the sa account to connect to SQL Server?

I did a profiler on the server and excluded everything but sa and it
turned
up nothing. They all have a status of "background" and the command is
"Task
Manager"

.