Re: auditing users

In article <9D52437A-C19C-487D-995B-7D1F37D0B2F6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
PureHeart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
hi Uri

that link is about discovering the version not about logging auditing for
user actions
also when i created the database a file named Developer1_log.ldf was created
does this file have the logs and haw can i open it

Every database consists of an MDF file, possible NDF files, and an LDF
file (names conventional). The LDF is a write ahead log which insures
preservation of database consistency and allows recovery. It is not
directly accessible except through third-party tools such as Lumigent
LogReader.The Agent and SQL logs are not contained in the LDF.
--
Graham (Pete) Berry
PeteBerry@xxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Dynamic Firewall/IDS System
    ... some thoughts about event handling software. ... > is almost impossible to handle manually just reading logs. ... > This is how we fill our database. ... this is logging, way like acid does with snort logs. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Exchange - Huge (x10) mismatch between size of priv1.edb and actual size of mailboxes in mai
    ... about 40 transaction logs. ... I think client actions that read from the database are ... mailboxes and the system is not that old. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Error in Exchange
    ... Will you provide me some linkes to get more info about the role these logs ... play in .edb file or with database and how information is saved into .edb ... > backup on Sept 8. ... > transaction logs are saved in that backup. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Database locking during kprops, MIT 1.8
    ... It checks the log timestamps and when it notices a difference between two sysatme it propagates only differences in the logs rather than the whole database. ... You could probably mitigate 1 and 2 by a full propagation independently at a quiet time once a night, ... Our setup is such that we have a once every five minute kdb5_util dump ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: Minimizing backup induced downtime
    ... With that magical RMAN thing, how will you be able to recover ... take a backup of an Oracle database without the need for having ... I am running the databases in archive log mode and I know what it is. ... that the logs aren't backed up. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)