Re: Any Help Please

Hi,

The problem is probably that the original SID of the login has not been transferred, so that your database user accounts are getting orphaned. So in fact when you login as User1, even though User1 exists as a user in the database, the login User1 and the user User1 are not related (or mapped to each other). You should consult this document in order to complete the process properly - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246133.

Jonathan

DSM_DBA wrote:
Hi, I accidentally posted this as a comment earlier rather than a question...

I'm moving databaes from 2000 to 2005 via either detach/attach or backup/restore and object level permissions being lost.
I had first moved the logins and that seemed to work fine then upon restoring the databases and leaving them at 8.0 compatibility ( which is the requirement of the application ) the explicit object permissions are not restored.
There must be something obvious staring me in the face, but I don't see it.
Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks,

  • Re: PDO: Switch database user without reopening connection
    ... At the bare minimum there will be a login user who only has ... modifications to the database as well (editors get update permission, ... As database connections are expensive to ... a certain visitor in the Session, and use that value to start the right ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: PDO: Switch database user without reopening connection
    ... At the bare minimum there will be a login user who only has ... the postgres user they are logged in as to one that can make ... modifications to the database as well (editors get update permission, ... As database connections are expensive to ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Please! Doesnt anyone know a better way to do this?
    ... account, they need to automatically be directed to the page to enter data ... session variable on the Account page. ... I assume here that you're checking a database when the user attempts to ... When a new user attempts to login or clicks to register, ...
  • RE: How to allow users to change their password?
    ... be set up to provide the Security dialog window for password changes. ... I'll have to login using their login ... > name/password first. ... See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Enter user name, enter password, then press enter...
    ... What do you do when the customer asks that the database login in be the same ... username and password to use all of the stuff that she is permitted to use. ... I have implemented this type of security for Access, VB, and Web Based ASP ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)