Re: default schema (SQL Server 2005)

(dnlgauthier@xxxxxxxxxxx) writes:
I agree with the statement that a sysadmin works with in teh database
as "dbo" context, so how can I provide user access via an application
using Windows authenticate and make it so that he/she is a user not a
member of sysadmin? I hope this is not confuising ?

Use EXECUTE AS to impersonate a different login or user.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at

  • Re: Authentication
    ... Then don't give that user access to SQL Server. ... There is no way to lock ... Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Query training -- Complex queries
    ... > Update PositionsEOM ... Here you don't have a derived table, but a correlated subquery. ... UPDATE in Books Online. ... is not written for SQL Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Linked Server: How to check if server exists?
    ... The root problem is described in the Books Online topic Batches. ... Rick Byham, SQL Server Books Online ... linked server don't run on those development machines not having that linked ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: STORED PROCEDURE - passing table name as a parameter
    ... T-SQL, is that you get problems if the view definition does not fit into ... will need to query other system tables, for instance syscolumns. ... Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • Re: Problem when changing Views
    ... There aree several reasons. ... I use neither of the tools, but I guess that Design View resubmits the ... Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)