Re: Migrating the WSUS database from a Windows Internal Database instance to a SQL Server 2005 instance on a remote server

MartinH (nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) writes:
thx for your response. i tried adding the login with SQL.
it returns an error.

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 1
Incorrect syntax near '\'.

Could you please include the exact command that gave you the error?

If I am to guess, my guess is that failed to include the brackets,
and typed

CREATE LOGIN domain\server FROM WINDOWS

rather than

CREATE LOGIN [domain\server] FROM WINDOWS

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at

  • Re: Granting permission to a database - need help
    ... Windows authentication, and not use an application login, as then ... Links for SQL Server Books Online: ... USE Driver Access ...
  • Re: ODBC worked until Server reboot defaulted to windows authentic
    ... I got the exact spelling of the windows login with the case and I rebooted ... The odbc source is set up in windows and that connects on the test. ... The SQL Server Mgmt studio connects also but only as Windows authentication. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: login 101..
    ... On Windows 2003, SQL Server 2005 can enforce the Windows password complexity ... Windows authentication - SQL Server uses a special protocol to ask ... user is in the list of allowed logins, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Granting permission to a database - need help
    ... folder and it would have the database connection info. ... Windows authentication, and not use an application login, as then ... Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
  • RE: How to create a trusted connection
    ... You need to grant access for the Windows login by referring to the books ... is set to use Windows authentication to be able to do trusted connection. ... There are two modes of authentication in SQL Server: ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)