Re: User ID setup

David (David@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) writes:
Will they be able to do anything to those databases? Something that can
seriously harm my sql?

Assuming that you have not granted them any privileges beyond the default,
there is precious little they can do in master.

In tempdb any user can create a temp table and fill it with data so it
overflows the disk. Which of course is bad, but keep in mind that tempdb
is always recreated with its default size when you restart SQL Server.

Note that without permissions users cannot create permanent objects in
tempdb.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at

  • Re: Access 2007->SQL Server2005 "connection was forcibly closed",G
    ... I moved every table I was able to move to the SQL ... closed connections - but all of these errors are in the version which used ... the SQL Server 2000 and everything worked ... communication between ODBC (OLEDB and Native Client, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • It can be Done
    ... I just installed a 3 SQL Server 2005 instances on a 2 node Active/Passive cluster. ... IWiz will then offer you a choice of Group on where you can install teh Fail Over Clustered Instance of SQL. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: Unable to Apply SP4 to SQL 2000 Cluster (new Node)
    ... Rebuild the node in the failover cluster. ... Scenario 1" in SQL Server 2000 Books Online. ... This setup process updates to SP4 only the binaries on the new ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: WSS 3.0 question
    ... I followed the advise given in removing WSS 3.0 etc, ... the server is complaining that the SQL service(?) was tempered with or corrupt. ... I may just instal the SQL server as I was going eventuall use it anyway. ... If WSUS 3.0 is installed, I would suggest you uninstall it and then you install WSS 3.0. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: WSUS
    ... I'm not seeing performance issues with the full enchilada installed, and 25 users busy hitting SQL. ... WSUS isn't difficult to uninstall - if you have WSUS v2 (installed with SBS R2) uninstall R2 from add/remove programs. ... How can anyone work with 4 instances of SQL Server on the same box? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)