Re: How to disconnect a user from SQL Server 2000

KFX (KFX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) writes:
First of all thanks for your reply...
You have understood well. The problem is that when I found the user and
use the KILL command, although the spid is removed from the list, if the
user runs again a query the user connects again and so there is no kill
at all... Is there a way to permantly deny the connection of a user to
the server?

sp_droplogin, if it is an SQL login.

sp_revokelogin, if it is a Windows login that has been granted DB access in
his own name.

sp_denylogin, it it is a Windows login that gets his access through
membership in a Windows group.

See Books Online for the exact details.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at

  • Re: Help! Set up Windows Group to access application
    ... Analyzer to set up a new windows login and a new group and corresponding ... The connection string for a trusted connection is: ... tries to access any Crystal Report (I use stored procedures in Sql Server ... If you have troubles with finding your ways in Crystal Reports, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Query training -- Complex queries
    ... > Update PositionsEOM ... Here you don't have a derived table, but a correlated subquery. ... UPDATE in Books Online. ... is not written for SQL Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Linked Server: How to check if server exists?
    ... The root problem is described in the Books Online topic Batches. ... Rick Byham, SQL Server Books Online ... linked server don't run on those development machines not having that linked ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: Problem when changing Views
    ... There aree several reasons. ... I use neither of the tools, but I guess that Design View resubmits the ... Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • Re: STORED PROCEDURE - passing table name as a parameter
    ... T-SQL, is that you get problems if the view definition does not fit into ... will need to query other system tables, for instance syscolumns. ... Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)