Re: Access Sql server 2005 from .net class library

No need for COM+/MTS. The important thing here is that the class library
has the capability to accept connection string parameters and switch them
when necessary. Refer to the Enterprise Application Block, particularly the
Dta Access Application Block for samples. As Roman mentioned, since you are
in a workgroup environment, mixed mode authentication is a bit simpler for
this - create the same account on both server and assign permissions for the
necessary securables

"Roman Rehak" <rrehak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Just use regular connection string for Windows Authentication, you can
find the syntax at www.connectionstrings.com. Since you are in a
workgroup, you may have to use a mirrored account (same username/password
on both computers).

Roman

--
Roman Rehak
http://sqlblog.com/blogs/roman_rehak

"lankylad" <lankylad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have Sql server 2005 running on a workgroup server and wish to access
the
data from another workgroup server using direct sql access (ie not ODBC).
The
code to access the data is written in visual studio 2005 and is within a
class library DLL. I wish to use Windows Authentication between the two
servers, but am not clear how to set the user within the code. Do I need
use Component Services (ie MTS) to do this?

  • Re: [SLE] Network Confusion (Long Post)
    ... You have a linux samba server - please post the smb.conf file. ... Attempting to become logon server for workgroup ASTRA_ENT on subnet 192.168.2.2 ... Attempting to become domain master browser on workgroup ASTRA_ENT, ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: Upgrade to Premium After Installing WSS 3.0
    ... This newsgroup is primarily for issues involving deployment, configuration, ... Installing SQL Server 2005 WorkGroup Edition in Windows Small Business ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Problem getting a new XP computer to join an NT 4.0/Win 98 domain
    ... > the computers and the file server with the goal of getting ... > If you scan Network Neighborhood for the Entire Network after ... > booting, there are 3 workgroups: ... > machines to see and map to shares on the NT file server. ...
  • Re: Problem getting a new XP computer to join an NT 4.0/Win 98 domain
    ... > the computers and the file server with the goal of getting ... > If you scan Network Neighborhood for the Entire Network after ... > booting, there are 3 workgroups: ... > machines to see and map to shares on the NT file server. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Windows 2000 Server and XP Home Clients - Am I missing something??
    ... The reason I posed the question in this newsgroup is that I'm planning on ... > same workgroup helps browsing in network places. ... > different IP range and with some tweaking get them to the server). ... If they require a server resource it will prompt ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)