Re: Access Sql server 2005 from .net class library

Just use regular connection string for Windows Authentication, you can find
the syntax at www.connectionstrings.com. Since you are in a workgroup, you
may have to use a mirrored account (same username/password on both
computers).

Roman

--
Roman Rehak
http://sqlblog.com/blogs/roman_rehak

"lankylad" <lankylad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have Sql server 2005 running on a workgroup server and wish to access the
data from another workgroup server using direct sql access (ie not ODBC).
The
code to access the data is written in visual studio 2005 and is within a
class library DLL. I wish to use Windows Authentication between the two
servers, but am not clear how to set the user within the code. Do I need
use Component Services (ie MTS) to do this?

  • Re: Workgroup issue
    ... We don't have a workgroup server. ... we are trying to access are on each individual computer. ... > the shares after they have been demoted. ...
  • Re: Windows Authentication Question
    ... > I have two computers in a Workgroup. ... > still use Windows Authentication for SQL Server? ... Here is some background reading on SQL Server security best practices: ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: logon failed when trying to access server
    ... as a workgroup server. ... point to the local DNS (probably the sbs server) and log in to the domain. ... >> workgroup named WORKGROUP, and then restart the computer. ...
  • NetBIOS name resolution problems between XP PCs
    ... PC #1 -> Windows XP Home SP2 ... PC #1 -> running Computer Browser service (workgroup server) ... "Specified network name no longer available" ...
  • Having trouble with Domain names ...
    ... all happily networked and sharing files/ printers OK (same ... workgroup). ... I'm trying to set up server logins using Windows authentication, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)