Re: active directory with sqll 2005

Mohit K. Gupta wrote:
The local admin on the server would do the trick. Thats what I have on all SQL servers I manage.

For the domain controller on Win 2003, there is no local admin. Your SQL server must not be on domain controller.
thanks for your help anyway.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Authentication problems when DC is down
    ... Please post an unedited ipconfig /all from the 3 DCs and the SQL server, so we can exclude DNS as a problem. ... have narrowed this down specifically do the domain controller holding ... DC2, DC3), all run AD and DNS and all are GC servers ... any SQL servers using Windows ...
  • Local Admin privelages
    ... domain controller which ahs stopped working. ... I am logging in as the Domain ... Local Admin and SQL Admin privileges are required ...
  • smb PDC w/ Win2000 clients- how to allow for local Admin, but domain USER access
    ... Linux running SMB acting as our domain controller (single server ... envrionment) w/ several Win2000 clients- how to allow for local Admin ... right, but domain USER rights. ... One of the 'requirements' for the McAfee product to install correctly ...
  • Re: Rename a pc with a script
    ... > Is there a way to prompt the user for new pc name, ... > Assuming this is going to be done as local admin ... the right to change the computer name, but not the computer account on the ... domain controller. ...
  • Re: Another "your account hsa been disable"
    ... Go to the domain controller and filter the Security log for Event ID 9548 ... I know that the Local admin account cannot be disable so is there anyway ... Try login into domain controller and reset password for account and force ... the local user and the NA also get this error message. ...