Re: Using Windows Auth from domainless client in SQL Server Mgmt Studio

Try mapping a drive to the SQL Server server using your domain account. This will establish known security credentials to the SQL box. Another method is to create a local account on the XP client with the same account/password as a domain account and login to the XP machine with that account.

--
Hope this helps.

Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP