Re: Securing SQL Server

Take a look into the article:-

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2000/maintain/sp3sec02.mspx#EBAA

Thanks
Hari

"Clay" <Clay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:9E47E140-EB2D-4DF1-A1EB-17F67E06EAA1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All,

I am trying configure my SQL 2000 Service Account in Windows 2003 to use
the
LEAST amount of privileges. Can anyone help? Thanks!

  • Re: 265,000 new zombie PCs a day!
    ... there are so many holes in OS X that will let an attacker ... Windows never was designed to be a network, ... Apple hasn't fixed the "entire problem" on OS X. ... in privileges. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: 265,000 new zombie PCs a day!
    ... there are so many holes in OS X that will let an attacker take ... Windows never was designed to be a network, ... Apple hasn't fixed the "entire problem" on OS X. ... in privileges. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Five Architectural Flaws in Windows Solved In Mac OS X
    ... It is possible to construct a service that interacts with the user and is highly privileged in Windows. ... Since Windows uses a Secure Attention Key, it is not possible to leech passwords with a fake password dialog. ... In a lot of the cases where OS X prompts for a password, it isn't because it's necessary to escalate privileges, because actual root privileges are needed. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Is Windows inherently more vulnerable to malware attacks than OS X?
    ... in privileges. ... code on Windows; ... My right to track down malware on ... users need to be able to access their own files, install ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Is Windows inherently more vulnerable to malware attacks than OS X?
    ... It took an attack on a Windows production server, ... Windows services that run with SYSTEM privileges. ... · By default, Windows launches all services with SYSTEM-level ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)